When people ask me what I'll miss most about living in Seoul, it will be hard to choose just one thing. But certainly near the top of my list will be my neighborhood...the sights, the sounds, the smells, the shops, and the people! I walk through our little alleys every day to get to work and back. These pictures were taken back in April and are therefore a bit out of date, because everything seems to change constantly. But, since it's been kind of a slow week, I've decided to finally do this post, which I planned months ago! This one's all photographs...enjoy!
On my way to school, I see...
 |
| the view up my street... |
 |
| looking straight across at the alley I'm about to walk through... |
 |
| the first little alley... |
 |
| somebody's cute porch... |
 |
| Turn left at the Hair Bank! |
 |
| the next alleyway... |
 |
| a clothing store... |
 |
| a pajama store... |
 |
| kids' accessories store... |
 |
| a toddler clothing store... |
 |
| some kind of paper store... |
 |
| a dog groomer... |
 |
| Turn right at the hot dog place! |
 |
| a hardware store... |
 |
| a house ware/furniture store... |
 |
| my favorite plant shop... |
 |
| (My favorite!) The "Chunner-Chunner" vegetable market where the guy shouts "Hey, Broccoli!" when I pass by...(I give them a lot of business) |
 |
| another hardware store... |
 |
| a little grocery store... |
 |
| a Korean barbeque restaurant where they advertise raw beef on the windows... |
 |
| ...and another one, directly across the street... |
 |
| a guy hustling dried squid out of his truck... |
 |
| a little waffle/coffee shop... |
 |
| a convenience store... |
 |
| a dry cleaner... |
 |
| a guy hustling fruit out of his truck... |
 |
| a cute school (not mine).... |
 |
| about a million tangled messes of wires... |
 |
| some cool-looking gates... |
 |
| a store where you can buy the essentials (ramen, beer, and cigarettes)... |
 |
| some octopuses swimming in outdoor tanks... |
 |
| some more crazy gates... |
 |
| some trees, and more tangles of wire... |
 |
| a cute playground... |
 |
| a huge church worthy of the Bible Belt... |
 |
| a Hyundai dealership... |
 |
| "The Best Foots" shoe store (actually is now a cell phone shop) |
 |
| cute temporary statues... |
 |
| a major intersection...(I'm on the big main road now!) |
 |
| more temporary statues... |
 |
| mountains in the distance... |
 |
| rooftop gardens... |
 |
| buildings with who knows what in them... |
 |
| rainbow paper lanterns, which were put there for Buddha's Birthday... |
 |
| a Chevrolet dealership... |
 |
| a Papa John's... |
 |
| motorcycles on the sidewalk... |
 |
| some sort of repair shop... |
 |
| a musical instrument shop... |
 |
| a golf shop... |
 |
| a guy mopping outside... |
 |
| a Pizza Hut... |
 |
| a McDonald's... |
 |
| bushes and trees... |
 |
| I'm getting closer! |
 |
| a bus stop, and flowers... |
 |
| a lady mopping outside... |
 |
| a gas station... |
 |
| I don't know what this is, but, I like it! (it's rainbow) |
 |
| I'm getting really close, now! |
 |
| a light fixture shop... |
 |
| a teacher supplies store... |
 |
| many vehicles parked on the sidewalks... |
 |
| There's the giant bowling pin! I'm here! |
Do you ever go bowling at your apartment's alley? Have you ever actually seen anyone driving a Chevy?
ReplyDeleteThe bowling alley is actually right under my school, not at the apartments! Some of the teachers can hear it from their classrooms. I've never bowled there, though! I mostly see people driving Hyundais and Kias.
ReplyDeleteSo cool! I would get so distracted by all those shops that I'd never reach school...
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting us walk with you. Think how interesting it is in comparison to strolling in Knoxville. rfe
ReplyDelete